Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Idiot Feds

I have heard people go on and on and on about the stupidity of the Federal government. The only contact I've had is with the Dept of Education, a kinder gentler branch.

The State Department, most notably the Passport Agency in LA, ranks now as the stupidest bunch of people ever. I sent in my app, with $ to expedite it, extra $ to mail it immediately when it's done. See the previous post. I thought the recall meant to not send the info.

Just to be on the safe side, I called. The ass I spoke with, "Dylan", said that I needed to sign an affidavit stating that "Mae" is my birth middle name. (I took my mother's maiden name in honor of her, and because I hated Mae.)

I said, "Mae is on the expired passport I sent with the application."

Dylan: "You have to send an affidavit."

Me: "Die."

So I have prepared the affidavit, made a truly marvelous true photo print of my raggedty birth cert., with "Mae" as my birth name.

Idiots.



For good measure: Dirty Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment